The purpose of the New Schools team is to thoroughly vet potential charter partners in order to pursue turnaround of neighborhood schools identified on the Tennessee Priority List. These operators will serve a zoned population and will be required to provide a full continuum of services to students and families.
The New Schools team’s vision is to lead the transformation of public education in Tennessee, and serve as a national model for needs-based and turnaround charter school authorizing and portfolio growth.
The New Schools team’s mission is to provide quality school options for all students in Tennessee through:
- A tailored authorization process based on data and aligned to the needs of communities and students;
- An open and transparent feedback loop for applicants and evaluators;
- A rigorous and comprehensive application evaluation process;
- Excellent applicant customer service;
- Active engagement of its stakeholders;
- Meaningful school start-up support; and
- Attention to ongoing and continuous improvement of all processes.